E-safety Workshop – Information for Parents/Carers
Following on from the E-safety workshop held in school, please find below some information from the workshop you may find useful.
Top tips for keeping your children safe online:
- Find out what your child is doing online
- Assess the Risks and Opportunities:
- Where are the devices?
- What can they do?
- Can your child get online in his / her bedroom?
- Have you enabled any parental settings on devices / the internet as it comes into the house?
- Disable or cover webcams to avoid accidental sharing of images and talk to your child about the risks of sharing images
- Know where to go for help and advice
- Parenting in the Digital Age – http://www.pitda.co.uk/
- Switched on Families (Virgin Media) – http://keepup.virginmedia.com/switchedonfamilies
- Internet Matters.org (for help with controls and filters) – http://www.internetmatters.org/
- CEOP (for reporting when things concern you) – https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/Parents/